Sherrie Clark, Book Writing and Publishing Made Easy – InnovaBuzz 522
Sherrie Clark, Storehouse Media Group
Our guest in this episode is Sherrie Clark, the founder and CEO of Storehouse Media Group as well as a best-selling and award-winning author, ghost writer, author coach, editor, publisher, and book marketer. She uses her 17 years of acquired skills, accomplishments, and experiences to raise up best-selling and award-winning authors, many of whom are entrepreneurs and leaders.
In our conversation Sherrie talked to me about
- The benefits of writing a book – for business owners and for others
- Publishing and Promoting your book after it’s written
- combining passion, excellence and great customer service
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastYou can create unique services by identifying unfilled needs that you share with others and filling those needs. @SherriePClark on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Sherrie Clark, Storehouse Media Group
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Writing a book is one of the most powerful marketing tools. It can position us as the expert in that particular field.
- Writing a book is a way to leave a legacy and tell our story.
- Storytelling is the most powerful form of communication.
- You can create unique services by identifying unfilled needs that you share with others and filling those needs.
- Hire for attitude, work ethics and passion. Also, a dedication to excellence. Skills can be taught.
- A good way to work with a ghost writer is to record conversations. The recording captures your voice, style, language.
- Sharing the good and the bad in a business book makes the author more relatable and increases the connection to the reader.
- Excellent customer service is so important because it takes more money to get a new customer than to keep the one you have.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Sherrie’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Overcome your fear when you are drawn to do something that inspires you.
- Best thing for new ideas – Research and discussion with a trusted person.
- Favourite tool for innovation – My team and wordhippo.com
- Keep project/client on track – My calendar with Excel and multiple colours; regularly communicate with clients.
- Differentiate – Customer service coupled with an excellent product.
Execute your vision and write your passion.
You can reach out and thank Sherrie through her website.
Complimentary e-book: How Great Leaders Write Their Story in a Book and Leave a Legacy
Cool Things About Sherrie
- Sherrie has been a police officer in the NYPD
- She was a writer for the high-profile Justice Coalition’s award-winning newspaper Victims’ Advocate, where her articles were the lead stories on the paper’s front page.
- She became a foster parent and served on the board of directors of the Greater Jacksonville Foster/Adoptive Parent Association.