Nathan Barnes, Making Your Customers’ Journeys Easy – InnovaBuzz 518
Nathan Barnes, Greenlight Marketers
Our guest in this episode is Nathan Barnes, who has 10 years combined experience of project management, event logistics, customer service, and media production utilizing organizational, decision-making, and leadership skills in high-pressure situations. Nathan is CEO of Greenlight Marketers, a Pay-Per-Click advertising agency ranked by Google as a Top 1% Premier Partner. With over 30 years combined digital marketing experience, the Greenlight Marketers team knows what it takes to develop and execute an effective online marketing strategy and love helping make their clients successful, by focusing on growing their bottom line revenue rather than vanity metrics.
In our conversation Nathan talked to me about
- Removing friction points on the customer journeys, making things easy for the customer
- Really knowing your customer and really caring about their success
- Continuous learning and Always Being Curious
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
John Horn in episode 488 introduced us to Nathan.
Listen to the PodcastAlways Be Curious! Keep learning, ask many questions, and really seek to understand. @Greenlight_Mark on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Nathan Barnes, Greenlight Marketers
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- It’s important to track the results of advertising campaigns to know what impact they are having and also the impact the campaign is having on the bottom line.
- Start with a clear strategy for each ad campaign – begin with what specifically are you advertising: product, service, lead magnet, call.
- Use of call tracking with ad campaigns can identify which ad campaign people are calling from and allows a personalized experience on the live call.
- Provide many options for people to get in touch from the ad campaigns – make it easy for people to get in touch and use their preferred mode.
- Recent changes to Apple’s privacy protection on their devices will see a trend to move away from “third party data” to “first party data”. It’s more important than ever to get people to take action quickly from an advertisement, take small actions to get in touch or download some information, so they come into your ecosystem.
- A comprehensive email follow up system is a key part of any ad campaign. Use email to start conversations and educate potential customers on your products and services.
- “Cart Abandonment” emails are a great opportunity to continue to educate potential customers and also get feedback about the customers’ decision making process and any barriers that might have influenced their choice to abandon a purchase.
- If we are helping our clients be successful, helping them grow their bottom line, and they know that we have their best interests at heart, then the hard conversations that come up from time to time go more smoothly because they know we care about them and their business.
- High ticket events could use session recordings from previous events to allow people to “sample” how the event might run and help market the new event. Webinars or Q&A sessions with event presenters in advance is another great way to publicize an event.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Nathan’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Take time to recharge, e.g. go for a walk, a hike, ski, mountain bike. Often these activities inspire new ideas.
- Best thing for new ideas – Always Be Curious! Keep learning, ask many questions, and really seek to understand.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Spark or Boomerang – email reminders.
- Keep project/client on track – Setting expectations up front both for what clients can expect of us and what we need from clients. Have regular check-in calls.
- Differentiate – View yourself as an extension of your client’s business and focus on what is best for them.
Never stop learning, always be curious, always be looking to improve the lives of those around you, your clients, and keep growing those relationships.
You can reach out and thank Nathan through his website.
Nathan suggested we have a conversation with Jocko Willink, co-author of Extreme Ownership and host of the Jocko Podcast on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
Cool Things About Nathan
- He recently became a father of a baby daughter.
- He previously worked in logistics and management roles – everything from IT systems administration, to international travel and logistics coordination for film shoots, to managing construction sites, to managing non-profit operations in multiple states.