Monica Laurence, How to Accelerate Success Through Quantum Surfing – InnovaBuzz 510
Monica Laurence, Quantum Surfing
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Monica Laurence, business and brand strategist, CEO of Venture Studio, serial entrepreneur, and Creator of Quantum Surfing. Monica also owns and runs the Tavola Fiji Boutique Resort.
In our conversation, Monica talked to me about:
- Quantum surfing – what it is and how to use it to engineer luck
- Tapping into our intuition and strengthening our intuition muscle
- Playful experiments with no expectation of the outcome
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastLuck is the outcome of lucky behaviours. @MonicaLaurence on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Monica Laurence, Creator of Quantum Surfing
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- A business is a creative canvas.
- Quantum Surfing combines entrepreneurship, quantum mechanics, neuroscience, and applied enlightenment.
- Quantum Surfing is the mastery of consciousness.
- Consciousness connects all of us.
- Luck is the outcome of lucky behaviours.
- The 4 Lucky Behaviours:
- Curiosity and openness
- Positive Expectations
- Things start to shift when you can crack these behaviours. You become predictably lucky and over time, start to believe that anything is possible.
- The 3 Courses of Quantum Surfing
- Getting up on the board – practicing lucky behaviours.
- Balancing the board – figuring out how to keep your balance.
- Surfing towards your target – being intentional about directing the board and making sure that you are taking opportunities that are leading to the direction that you desire.
- Our brain makes sense of its environment. It decodes all signals that it collects from the environment based on our beliefs. Therefore, what you believe to be true, is true.
- Allowing yourself to be open and curious enables you to experiment in a light-hearted and playful way. And over time, you’ll start to believe that what you believe is true and luck begins to flow more routinely.
- Surfers are very fluid but at the same time extraordinarily stable. And it is that combination of being responsive whilst having a support structure that allows them to surf heartfully.
- Set aside a time to intuitively wonder. Connect with the environment. Put away the structures and simply ask yourself where you feel to go.
- Information flows in different ways. By becoming aware and tuning your attention and consciousness to things that might otherwise go unnoticed, you are opening yourself to all inputs.
- Learn not to process everything through your brain. It’s not what you think but what you feel. Your intuition is what allows you to tap into the natural rhythm and timing that oftentimes go completely unnoticed.
- Language shapes how we think. It’s not just a way to communicate. Language carries an entire set of cultures and beliefs.
- Allow yourself to be immersed in the present. Focusing too much on the future does you a disservice because you’re ignoring what’s happening right now. The present is a gift because you’re experiencing it right now.
- There are ways to come home to yourself. There are ways to come home to a culture that innately nurtures happiness, to a place where you are fully accepted, and where there is unconditional love that allows you to just be yourself and step into your full potential.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Monica’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Curiosity and openness. Do small experiments with no expectations of the outcome. Just go and see what flows in.
- Best thing for new ideas – Taking the time to reflect and contemplate.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Message Map
- Keep project/client on track – Believe that you are on track. Give yourself some grace and understanding. Let go of any judgment and trust that it’s all flowing in the right direction.
- Differentiate – Be authentically YOU. Don’t shy away from that and stop comparing yourself to others. Step into your own beauty and magic, and trust that your uniqueness is also your genius.
To Be a Leader
You are the hero of your journey. No one becomes a hero without slaying a few dragons and falling into a few mud puddles. When life gets you down, know that there’s a funny twist in this story, and you’re going to emerge as a more fully pledged hero than before this challenge confronted you.
You can reach out and thank Monica through her website.
Monica suggested we have a conversation with serial entrepreneur, Michael Collette. So Michael, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Monica Laurence.
- Website – Monica Laurence
- Website – Quantum Surfing
- Tavola Fiji
- Twitter – @MonicaLaurence
Cool Things About Monica
- She owns 8 acres of luscious jungle overlooking Savusavu Bay and crafted it as a luxury oasis for impact-driven entrepreneurs and leaders.
- She loves street fashion, interior design, and artistic influences.
- She’s a certified yoga instructor, Akashic Intuitive, and a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.