Elicia and James Crook, Massage Champions – InnovaBuzz 194
Elicia and James Crook, Massage Champions
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guests, Elicia and James Crook from Massage Champions. Together, Elicia and James provide coaching, mentoring and training for Massage Therapists to help them run and grow a successful business as well as having the lifestyle that they choose. They are the authors of “Fully Booked without Burnout – A Massage Therapists Guide” and run the 6 Figure Therapists program. Elicia and James also host their own podcast – The Business of Massage and Wellness.
In our discussion, Elicia and James talked to me about
- Confirming your training product with clients before producing the entire content – start with one module then test if it sells
- Getting ideas from clients by making sales calls and asking questions
- The three pillars of any business – Mindset, Marketing, Mechanics
Les Watson on episode 183 suggested we interview Elicia and James.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastAction proceeds clarity. The quickest way to know if an action is right or wrong is to do it. – Elicia and @JmsCrk on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Elicia and James Crook of Massage Champions
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Small commitments make big things happen.
- Mindset, Marketing, and Mechanics are integral to any kind of business. With all 3 working together, you have a really great business with a thriving person at the head.
- The mindset of a person is absolutely vital to the success of the business.
- Marketing is the engine of growth,
- Mechanics is the systemization and behind the scenes.
- Social media connects way better if you add more personality, visibility, and ownership of who you are through those channels. People are much more likely to connect with you if they are seeing an authentic person.
- Making marketing more human especially for small businesses can make a big impact.
- Get on Facebook and Instagram. Do live broadcasts. Message people personally. People feel much more connected with the business if they know the person who runs it. Having a bit of fun and being more confident in who you are, makes a huge difference in marketing.
- Lift the curtains up a bit and show people stuff that happens behind the scenes. The most successful posts are always the ones where people can connect with you as an individual. It makes them feel like they are a part of your community and that you are together in the same place.
- The quicker you can take action and implement, the quicker you learn and the quicker you get results.
- Action proceeds clarity. The quickest way to know if an action is right or wrong is to do it.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Elicia and James’ answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Innovation comes from a place of creativity. Take more holidays.
- Best thing for new ideas – Doing sales calls. Talking to customers and listening to what they have to say.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Post-It notes.
- Keep project / client on track – Accountability. Weekly report. Key is to write only the things that you know you are going to do for the week. Don’t write things that are too many because then you are not going to get them done. Make sure that you are only putting steps that can move your business forward every week.
- Differentiate –Know your truth. Know what it is that you stand for and just continue standing for that. Just be in the arena. Just stand in your truth because that is your light that is shining and it automatically differentiates you from other people because you are not walking somebody else’s truth.
To Be a Leader
Know your outcome. Know what it is that you want to stand for then take the action towards it. Choose wisely when it comes to your leadership mentors and have the mindset needed to help you get to where you want to go.
Elicia and James suggested I interview Mike Michalowicz, author of Profit First. So Mike, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Elicia and James Crook.
- Website – Massage Champions
- Twitter – @JmsCrk
- LinkedIn – Elicia Crook
- LinkedIn – James Crook
Cool things about Elicia and James
- James’ book, “Digitally Enhanced“, was published in 2015 and became a #1 Best Seller on Amazon within 5 weeks of launch.
- Elicia ran her own massage business, building it from working on family and friends in her lounge room to at one point having 9 staff and doing 100+ treatments per week across her team.
- James ran a successful digital marketing agency for 15 years before selling it and moving full time into the Massage Champions business.