Lane Kawaoka, How to Scale Your Expertise Through Content Creation – InnovaBuzz 474
Lane Kawaoka, Simple Passive Cashflow
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Lane Kawaoka. Lane currently owns 4,500+ units across the US. He lives in Hawaii and recently quit his day job as a Professional Engineer.
Lane partners with investors who want to build their portfolio, but are too busy to mess with “tenants, toilets, and termites” by curating opportunities in his “Hui Deal Pipeline Club” where his investors have personal access to him and know that Lane is personally putting his money on the line too. The Hui Deal Pipeline Club has acquired over 500 Million dollars of real estate acquired by syndicating over 60 Million Dollars of private equity since 2016.
Lane reverse engineers the wealth-building strategies that the rich use to help the middle class via the Top-50 Investing Podcast SimplePassiveCashflow.com. Lane’s mission is to help hardworking professionals out of the rat race, one free strategy call at a time.
In our discussion, Lane talked to me about:
- The importance of creating content to educate
- Producing a podcast by answering common questions
- How to grow a community program by starting with 1:1 coaching and documenting the lessons
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastJust start creating content. Answer those questions from people that keep coming up. @SimplePassiveCF on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Lane Kawaoka of Simple Passive Cashflow
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- You need money to invest, and there’s a lot of ways that you can make money, if you don’t have it.
- Passive real estate investing is a great way to invest for the long term and generate cash flow.
- Buy assets that produce cash flow on a monthly basis.
- Look for the 1% rent to value ratio or higher. To find the rent to value ratio, take the monthly rents and divide it by the purchase price.
- Assume that 50% of your revenue will go to repairs, maintenance, taxes, and insurance.
- You can absolutely implement a lot of the things that wealthy people do.
- A podcast is a great tool to answer people’s questions. It allows you to give people what they want and add value to them.
- You don’t have all the time in the world, but the fact that you are short on time gives you the ability to create lean systems and processes.
- Property management is a very archaic type of profession.
- Just start creating content. Answer those questions from people that keep coming up.
- Start with 1:1 coaching so that you can intimately know the questions that a person is asking. Write down every little thing that that person is feeling and thinking, and eventually build it out into a more scalable form such as an online course or a podcast.
- Group coaching is a win-win for everybody. You are able to teach people at scale and everybody gets to have a peer group around them.
- Think of a way to constantly improve your system and processes. A 1% improvement compiled over a period of time makes a big difference.
- When you talk to everybody, you talk to nobody.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Lane’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – You are either an executor or an innovator. Figure out which one you are, and if you’re an executor, go and find the innovator.
- Best thing for new ideas – Calmness and stillness. Let your mind wander.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Google and YouTube
- Keep project/client on track – Ask the right questions and motivate them. Work with people who are motivated to put the same level of effort as you do.
- Differentiate – Be yourself. People like people who speak their minds. Be authentic because there are people who are just like you. It doesn’t matter where you came from. Just own it!
To Be a Leader
Get out and do something. Figure out what you want to do, surround yourself with the right people, and take action.
- Website – Simple Passive Cashflow
- Podcast – Simple Passive Cashflow
- Free Property Analyser
- SPC Guide to Turnkey Rentals and Remote Investing
- SPC Basic Financial Literacy eCourse
Cool Things About Lane
- He’s a 12+ Time Amazon Best-Selling Author.
- He’s Co-Owner of MFPE Investments LLC., owning 1500+ single family, multi-family, and RV park units.
- His end game is to give away his wealth to rightful causes via a Charitable Remainder Trust.