Janet Neal, How to Be Your Best Self So You Can Serve Others – InnovaBuzz 456
Janet Neal, Superbwoman | Next Steps Navigation
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Janet Neal, a self-described Superbwoman and a “Reformed Superwoman” who has learned how to lead a “should free”, productive, joyful, and powerful life, and believes all women can do the same. Janet is the Founder and Queen Bee at The Superbwoman, Inc., whose mission is to provide women with the resources and opportunities to step into their innate power, for the betterment of all.
In our discussion, Janet talked to me about:
- Clarifying and articulating our values as a first step to avoiding overwhelm
- Serving ourselves first so we can serve others
- Really understanding our customers’ needs
Patty Block in episode 438 introduced us to Janet.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastBeing a superb woman means being yourself first. It is tuning in to what is important to you and doing amazing things. @TheSuperbwoman on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Janet Neal of Superbwoman & Next Steps Navigation
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Being a superb woman means being yourself first. It is tuning in to what is important to you and doing amazing things.
- You can do anything. We all have a choice.
- Figure out what’s the most important thing to you. What are your values? That is the first step.
- If you’re feeling off somehow, it’s because you are not honouring your values.
- Seeing something is one level of commitment. Writing it down is another level. Speaking about it is another level.
- It is only when you’re aligned with what’s important to you that you can actually serve others.
- Understand what’s important to you so that you can tap into those gifts that you have to be able to give back.
- You have a choice and you have the power to have control over your own life.
- Being your best self is not just a mind thing. It’s about integrating it into your whole being.
- Positive intelligence teaches us how to shift our thoughts from negative to positive ones.
- Finding the gifts in the things that you find overwhelming enables you to shift your perspective that then starts to affect other things in your life as well.
- Give yourself permission to slow down and take a rest. You don’t have to wait until you feel uncomfortable or ill. Slowing down rejuvenates your brain so you can think better and come up with better ideas.
- Look back on the things that you did as a child; the things that you love and find joy in. There is an essence of truth in those moments. These things relate to your skills today and what brings you joy.
- Live more in the present and be aware of everything that you are doing. All the answers are right there.
- Go with intention and direction, but go in with your eyes wide open and maintain your curiosity.
- Give yourself the gift of time.
- Allow your subconscious to come forward.
- Meditation quiets the conscious mind so that the unconscious mind can come forward.
- Allow yourself to step back. Give yourself the time to be quiet without the pressure of having to come up with something.
- Something that may be easy for you, may not be for others. It’s a strength that you should see.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Janet’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Be curious. Maintain that child-like curiosity about life.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Taking a vacation. Take yourself out of the day to day stuff. Putting yourself in a different environment enables you to think differently.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Zoom and my tribe of superb women. Surround yourself with people who will give you honest feedback and who have got your back.
- Keep project/client on track – Overcommunication.
- Differentiate – Be your authentic self. People recognize authenticity and they are drawn to it.
To Be a Leader
The best you could do is to be yourself. Take the time to value yourself. Know that you have unique gifts and talents that the world needs. Figure out what they are, where the need is in the world, and how you can marry the two.
You can reach out and thank Janet through her website.
Janet suggested we have a conversation with Melissa Blair of Cultivating Sales. So Melissa, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Janet Neal.
- Website – The Superwoman
- Website – Next Steps Navigation
- Twitter – @TheSuperbwoman
- Superwoman Sunday at 7
Cool Things About Janet
- She holds a BS in Education from Central Michigan University and a MA in Spiritual Psychology from The University of Santa Monica.
- She holds ACC accreditation, graduating from IPEC coaching school.
- She lives in New Jersey and is the mother of 3 entrepreneurs.