Story Power Marketing, The Business-Building Power of Human Connections with Jürgen Strauss
The best part about podcasting is learning something new in every episode that you can then share with your audience.
Podcasting is one of the best ways to build an intimate human connection with your ideal dream client. It allows you to connect on a deeper level with potential customers by sharing stories that inspire, motivate, or entertain them. You can use it as a platform to get in front of new people who are interested in what you have to offer while creating relationships that last long after each episode ends.
It was such a great honor to be a guest on the Story Power Marketing podcast with Tom Ruwitch to talk about how powerful having a podcast can be in building relationships and growing your business. We talked about what it takes to create a successful podcast and all the different ways you can use this medium for maximum impact.
Tom was our guest on episode 461 of the InnovaBuzz Podcast.
Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.
- The ability to make human connections is what separates great marketers from cheesy pretenders.
- Making human connections is all about finding some common ground. It is having great conversations and showing interest in the other person.
- Podcasting like you’re human is like meeting someone for the first time on the street that could lead to friendship or a business relationship.
- You can use templates for a lot of things but it’s important to add a personal touch to them.
- Podcasting like you’re human all starts with understanding why you’re doing a podcast – what are you bringing to the table that’s unique and why are you doing it for your audience. What’s the value that you’re adding to your audience?
- Having a clear understanding of what your podcast is about and why you’re doing it helps you identify the kinds of people you need to market to in terms of growing your audience as well as the kind of guests that you want to bring on your show.
- It’s important to make sure that your guests are the right fit for the values that you and your audience have.
- One way to grow your network is to ask for recommendations from your existing guests about who else can you bring on your show.
- Create a profile on podcast matchmaking sites to make it easy for the right guests to find you.
- Invite your prospective guests for a quick get-to-know you call prior to recording the show. Not only does it help you determine whether they are a good fit for your show, but it also allows you to start building a relationship with them and identify other expertise they have that can provide more value to your audience.
- Having systems and processes in place for inviting guests makes them feel more excited and comfortable to be on your show.
- Your guests and your audience deserve respect. They want to feel heard and understood. Make sure that the systems and processes that you have for your podcast are all rooted in level of respect for your guests and your audience.
- Make it easy for your guests to be on your show. Make it easy for them to book a time that suits them and remind them about when it is. Ask them to listen to a couple of episodes to give them an idea of how you run the show and send them some guidelines about how to access your system for recording.
- Being naturally curious and understanding what makes other people tick are the keys to being a good podcast host. It’s the key to delivering your guests’ stories for the purpose of delivering a compelling and captivating marketing story.
- Don’t just hit the “connect” button on LinkedIn. Reach out to them at a personal level. People appreciate it when you take the time to send them a personalised message.
- Get really clear on your WHY. Understand who you are, what your purpose and values are, and understand who your dream customer is – what they want, what drives them, what their dreams and aspirations are, what their fears are. From there, you can identify where there is a match and craft a message that is very specific to your dream customer about how you can help them achieve the transformation that they seek.
- Podcasting is a very intimate medium to connect with your guest and your ideal customer.
- The value of a podcast is way deeper than anything that you could put in writing. It talks to people who prefer a different way of absorbing information and there’s not much distraction.
- Podcasts are very easy to repurpose. You can easily turn it into multiple pieces of content that can drive your business forward.
- The best part about podcasting is learning something new in every episode that you can then share with your audience. It’s like having an hour of masterclass with an expert that you’ve invited to your world and then delivering that valuable content to your audience which makes them appreciate you more.